Tuesday, March 8, 2011

One small step for me...

...One giant leap towards finally making the company some money.

I've finally made it to our destination. We had another 2 days of mechanically-related delays, but now we're finally up and running and I landed early this evening. Tomorrow the weather is supposed to be beautiful still so we'll fly our calibration flight, and providing that is ok we'll hopefully have time to fly a few survey lines.

After living in Limbo for the last few days constantly checking out of my hotel and then checking in again and having to eat out I'm glad to finally be somewhere that I know I'll stay in for at least 3 or days. I didn't know if I could handle many more meals at the three restaurants I've been rotating through that were near my hotel down south. Tonight after I had dinner with my operator I stopped by the grocery store which just happens to be next to the hotel and picked up some milk and cereal and plastic bowls for breakfast, as well as some sandwich meat and buns for lunch. Finally I can stop eating out, at least for 2 meals of day. It saves money too.

Mostly I'm glad to be back "on the job" and feeling like I'm getting something accomplished. Technically we haven't gotten anything accomplished yet, but considering the last few days of nothing but delays, just GETTING to where I'm supposed to be counts as a big victory. Tomorrow I will go ply my trade with which I'm being paid for and we'll hopefully get some REAL work done.

No comments:

Post a Comment