Tuesday, May 25, 2010

And They're Off!

So I'm in North Bay for the night tonight. My day started with a 07:55 train departure out of London to Toronto, to meet up with the equipment operator who I'm driving up with. The train ride was pleasant and relaxing. From the train station I took a GO bus a little further north, where my coworker picked me up to start our drive. Its hot outside. The cargo van we're driving up with all our gear doesn't have A/C, which makes for a sweaty ride. Lots to talk about though, I don't know much about survey flying yet. As for right now however, I'm sitting in a nice cool hotel room, after a refreshing shower, out to dinner in a bit.

Tomorrow it'll be an even longer day driving to finish the trip up to where the airplane is sitting. The chief pilot will be meeting us up there, and I'll spend a couple days in training with him before I fly the airplane up myself to the site location to start the actual surveying work.

The operator I'm driving up with seems pretty chill. I think we'll get along pretty well, which is good, considering the amount of time we're going to be spending together.

Thats all for now, just thought I'd fire off a quick blog while I had the time.

3 comments:

  1. Following in Aviatrix's footsteps, aren't you? :-) Best of luck with the new job, sounds very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete