Friday, June 18, 2010

Speed-bumps

We're once again sitting on the ground waiting for the weather to clear up. This is not ideal, because the client has for a third time added more work onto the project. The good thing is we've been flying more kilometers than the office anticipated we would, so it still may be possible to get out on our planned exit date of the end of June. But not if we keep sitting around waiting on weather.

Another speed-bump is that they're going to be doing maintenance work on the runway on Saturday and Sunday, so we're going to be limited to the times we can go flying. Saturday the runway will be closed from 0700 to 1200, but we're going to bite the bullet and try to be airborne before 7 AM and do a 5 hour survey flight - our longest yet. The longest we've managed so far is 4.8 hrs, but I'm fairly certain I can hold my concentration together for a full five hours before I start to go off the deep end. And hopefully we can hold our bladders as well.

I've also got word where we'll be going next - Northern Saskatchewan, right on the border of NWT. That one's just a short job, probably no longer than a week and a half. It'll be cool to go that far north, and also cool to not have to stay there for very long. That probably won't be until mid-August however. We should be finished this job by early July, and then I'll have the rest of my time off until we head up there. I'm happy with that, it should work out pretty good, cause that'll give me some time off for fun summer things which I didn't get to do much of last summer.

So far though the goal is to be out of here and home by July 7th, cause I have a camping trip on the 9th with some friends which I'd very much like to be a part of. Come on sunshine and light winds!

No comments:

Post a Comment